référence : http://listes.cru.fr/arc/mascarene/1994-12/msg00039.html

Re: Theatre italien de la Renaissance Anca Vlasopolos

In consulting with my colleague Andrea DiTommaso in  Italian, we came up with t
he following possibilities:  for "in universale," we suspect a frock or smock t
hat was the equivalent of a school uniform, worn by all children (not necessari
ly regardless of gender) under a certain age, a costume, in other words, that f
ailed to connote specifics of age and class except to indicate pre-adolescence.
For "seggioli" we conjecture that the phrase meant non-reserved seats, open sea
ting, seats left over for those who did not have annual subscriptions. Hope thi