référence : http://listes.cru.fr/arc/mascarene/1995-02/msg00049.html

Appel de communications et performances (fwd) BOURASSA ANDRE G

Le message suivant vous est transmis pour information:

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 1995 22:46:02 -0600
From: Kathy Hargreaves <letters@cs.umb.edu>
To: Multiple recipients of list <ars.digit-l@frank.mtsu.edu>
Subject: WCA Conference Call

TRANSFORMING TRADITIONS

Women's Caucus for Art National Conference
Feburary 20--22, 1996
Back Bay Hilton, Boston Massachusetts  USA

Open Call for Panel Session Proposals, Papers, Performances, Workshops, and
Presentations

(snailmail Postmark Deadline : March 1, 1995)
Note: If you need panelists, please send a short description of your
topic postmarked by February 5, 1995.

The Boston Chapter of the Women's Caucus for Art invites all interested
parties to submit papers and proposals for panel sessions, performances and
workshops. Our focus will be ``Transforming Traditions''---the exploration
and creation of work in our studios, classrooms, museums, galleries,
on-line and off-line communities.

Suggested topics: (please feel free to innovate)

+ What is the role of Mentoring in womens art communities?

+ How are we ensuring that womens art will be seen, studied, and valued?

+ How have new technologies reached working artists, historians, curators
and students?

+ What new ground must be broken to ensure full access for women, people of
color, and people with differing abilities?

We strongly encourage diverse opinions, ages, and artistic backgrounds. Your
presentations can be in any medium---from traditional visual arts to design,
film, video, performance, computer/interactive, dance, poetry, music,
and theatre---all are welcome!

ENTRY GUIDELINES:

1. There are two ways to propose panels:

+ You can send us a packaged panel of colleagues who will be your fellow
speakers on your proposed topic (try to include at least one third
people of color, per national guidelines below)

+ or you can submit a topic for a panel and we will try to match your
idea with speakers.  Indicate whether or not you want to moderate the
panel.

2. What to send:

+ Working artists: send one to two paragraphs describing your
proposal.  Include a resume, 3--5 slides (for visual arts), or
samples of your work in an appropriate medium (all others).

+ Art historians and others: One-page proposal and a resume.

4. Enclose a self-addressed stamped envelope if you want materials
returned.  Enclosed a self-addressed stamped postcard for receipt
acknowledgement.

NATIONAL GUIDELINES

1. Anyone may send a proposal/abstract.  However, WCA membership is
required of all chairs and moderators.  Panelists are expected to be
WCA members, although exceptions can be made.  Low income/student
memberships are available.

2. To open the conference to more participants, we require that:

+ Panelists appear on only one panel per conference and only two years
in a row.

+ A person not chair a panel two years in a row.

We will try to help *some* needy panelists with expenses, but should
we not be able to, panelists should be prepared to provide their own
transportation, housing, and conference registration fees (only
necessary if they want to attend the conference).

3. Each panel should be at least one third people of color and one
third women ``not given enough voice,'' e.g., women with differing
abilities, and gay/lesbian/bisexual/Jewish/international women; please try
to compose your panels with this in mind.  Otherwise, we will try to find
suitable panelists for you.

POSTMARK/DELIVERY DEADLINE for proposal:  March 1, 1995	  12 midnight

Note: If you need panelists, please send a short description of your
topic postmarked by February 5, 1995.

Snail mail address:

Kathryn Hargreaves
135 Center Hill Road
Plymouth MA 02360

Email address: letters@cs.umb.edu

Program committee:

Alicia Faxon 			401 253 1194
Randy Garber 			617 239 3492
Amatul Hannan			617 489 0197
Kathryn Hargreaves		508 224 2367
Hilde Hein			617 969 6527

Women's Caucus for Art National Office (Philadelphia, PA)   215 854 0922  215 854 0922

If you're interested in exhibiting in the conference show(s), contact
the Exhibitions committee chair:

Christina Lanzl		617 524 6992

If you're interested in becoming a member of Women's Caucus for Art,
please complete the following form and send it, with a check (see below
for amounts), to:

Amy Kaufman
135 Pleasant Street
Brookline MA 02146

Membership in the national WCA chapter includes a quarterly entitled
``Update'' which covers national art news and announcements, and health
insurance and art magazine discounts.

Membership in the Boston WCA includes a bimonthly newsletter detailing
(almost monthly) programs, membership news and announcements, plus a
slide registry and annual exhibition.  The programs include artist
speakers and panel discussions, and two potlucks at which members share
their work.

Women's Caucus for Art Membership Form for 1995

Women's Caucus for Art is a national organization of over 3500 members
in the arts.  WCA is committed to equal representation for the work of
all women in the art community, and to nonracism and nonsexism in art
education, art exhibitions, and art history and criticism.

Circle all appropriate categories that apply to you: