référence : http://listes.cru.fr/arc/mascarene/1996-04/msg00134.html

ARTNOW: Advocacy for the ARTS Henry Bial

--part_ADA105CE0001B8BF00000005

ARTNOW - 6 OCTOBER 1996
(please cross post to any list or individual who might be interested)

[PLEASE NOTE DATE CHANGE FROM 10/5 to 10/6]

On Sunday 6 October 1996 as many people as possible--thousands, maybe
100s of thousands--will, we hope, come to Washington DC to celebrate the
arts, to do art, to show ourselves to ourselves and the nation. This
celebration/performance/march is called ARTNOW.

The idea is to make a great big celebration in Washington DC on 6 October
1996 to *celebrate* the arts, to protest the cuts in arts funding, to
change negative attitudes towards art into positive ones. We need to come
together to celebrate what we love and to insist that our government
recognize their monetary responsibility for a flourishing arts culture.

ARTNOW is a very big but extremely locally organized event. Everyone all
around the country should spread the word and organize it. Network, plan,
and come to Washington on 6 October. This is a grassroots effort. Take
the initiative, do it your way and make this event happen.

WHAT TO DO and FOR MORE INFO:
Let all your email correspondents know about it.
Check it out on ARTNOW's homepage: http://www.nyu.edu/pages/artnow/

Also check out the ARTNOW discussion list, which you can subscribe to:
1. send a message to: listserv@listserv.acns.nwu.edu
2. leave subject line blank
3. type message: subscribe ARTNOW firstname lastname

Then you can post messages the ARTNOW discussion list by mailing them to:

artnow@listserv.acns.nwu.edu

For further information about ARTNOW, please send email to
art.now@nyu.edu or call 212-998-1630 (ARTNOW phone headquarters at Dept
of Performance Studies, NYU).
--part_ADA105CE0001B8BF00000005--