---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: "Kurt.Vanhoutte" <vanhout@uia.ua.ac.be>
Ronald Geerts, theatrescientist at the Free University of Brussels,
forwarded me your message.

I too am writing a PHD-dissertation on theatre/dance and new media, so it
was quite a nice surprise to hear that someone is interested in
the same topic. I'm doing my research at the University of Antwerp
(Belgium). A part of the project is connected to AISTHESIS, a research
centre in cooperation with the Belgian coreographer/director/writer Jan
Fabre.

Using a theoretical framework that mainly focusses on the work of Jean
Baudrillard and Gilles Deleuze I try to work out a (methodological)
connection between the way the theatrical body takes shape on
one hand and the ways in wich digital technologies alter our ways of
viewing the world (body) on the other.. The main goal is to elaborate a
theoretical apparatus that is able to deal with the changes in theatre
caused by technological innovations outside theatre (in other words: I do
not so much focus on technological techniques IN theatre like TV
monitors..., altough I neither ignore them of course).

Perhaps it would be interesting to exchange some ideas or material?

Best regards, Kurt Vanhoutte.
Dept. of Theatrescience
University of Antwerp
Belgium