référence : http://listes.cru.fr/arc/medievale/2002-05/msg00010.html

[MEDIEVALE:4198] M'aidez! Steve Muhlberger

Please excuse the use of English on this list.  My ability to read
French far exceeds my ability to write it.

I am trying to interpret a short heraldic treatise of the fifteenth
century.  It concerns "la maniere et ordonnance ancienne du tournoy."
The phrase "quittier la foy l'ung al aultre" is giving me trouble.
It's not the literal meaning that's unclear, but the meaning in context.

I will explain the problem further to any member of the list who is
interested in it.

Steve Muhlberger
Nipissing University
North Bay, Ontario, Canada