De : Melanie Hackney
À : Liste de discussion sur l'occident medieval
Envoyé : lundi 17 août 2009 17:33
Objet : [MEDIEVALE:194] ICMA Student Committee - CFP Leeds 2010

SO, YOU TEACH MEDIEVAL ART HISTORY?: INCORPORATING NEW TECHNOLOGIES AND MULTI-MEDIAS INTO UNDERGRADUATE ART HISTORY CLASSROOMS AND BEYOND

The Student Committee of the International Center for Medieval Art aims to give a voice to all students interested in medieval art and architectural history. For our session at the Leeds 2010 International Medieval Congress we invite papers that address incorporating new technologies and multi-media into undergraduate art history classrooms and beyond. We seek presenters who explore, for example: the technological resources available to students and teachers; the transition from previous technologies (microfilm, slides, etc.) to digital formats (Powerpoint, MDID, etc.); the benefits and perhaps limitations of new media in the classroom; and the ways new technologies impact both the study and the teaching of art and architecture. We also welcome participants who consider issues interdisciplinary in nature, such as: the incorporation of technologies from other disciplines in art history classes; and the extent to which new technologies associated with art history
 may be applied in the classrooms of related disciplines. To apply, please submit a brief CV and an abstract of no more than 300 words to Melanie Hackney (melaniehackney@gmail.com) by September 27th.