référence : http://listes.cru.fr/arc/mascarene/1994-12/msg00029.html

Re: Antigone HILHAR

I have only played Creon once, and it was in the English translation
of Anouilh's superb play. I don't know of any more empathetic reproduction
of the reasoning of the statesman forced to make horrible choices, but aided
by his passion for a kind of indifferent moral and emotional cleanliness:

"I like things clean, ship-shape, well-scrubbed."

It is against this understandable but slightly less than what we
consider "human" spiritual obsession, so neatl expressed, that the great spirit
of Anoulh's Antigone must struggle.

Something in my actor's sympathetic soul derived considerable
pleasure form uttering those lines night after night.