Date: Tue, 10 Oct 1995 08:29:45 -0700 (PDT)
From: Daniel M Larner <larner@henson.cc.wwu.edu>
To: theatre@pucc.princeton.edu
Subject: CALL FOR PAPERS, ATHE PANEL, NEW YORK, August, 1996

CALL FOR PAPERS, ATHE PANEL IN NEW YORK, August, 1996

We seek papers for this panel which will examine the way dramatic form
generates meaning.  Issues of narrative, the nature of tragedy and
comedy, and the uses of language (particulary metaphor) are all
germane.  We are particularly interested in looking at drama for
connections between mundane experience and larger meaning, between the
necessity of survival and the emergence of enduring values, between the
inevitability of dramatic forms and the startling eruption of the divine.
Any subject matter, any author, which somehow takes us from the
theatrical everyday to an uncommon level of experience is grist for this
mill.

Deadline is October 15 so I need to hear from you soon!

Daniel Larner
Fairhaven College
Western Washington University
larner@henson.cc.wwu.edu