référence : http://listes.cru.fr/arc/mascarene/1996-04/msg00031.html

Colloque annuel SE17 Guy Spielmann

Chers abonnes de QUEATRE,

Je vous rappelle que le colloque annuel de la societe interdisciplinaire
d'etude du XVIIe siecle se tiendra a Washington en Octobre. Vous trouverez
ci-apres une annonce en Anglais (pour des raisons techniques), mais le
colloque est tres largement francophone.... N'hesitez donc pas a
m'envoyer des propositions de communication avant la fin mai.

Guy Spielmann
Georgetown University

* * * * *  THIRD CALL * * * * * *

ANNOUNCING

The fourteenth annual conference of

SE17

The Society for Interdisciplinary Seventeenth-Century
French Studies

at and around Georgetown University in Washington, DC

OCTOBER 10-12, 1996

This year, our conference will follow a new format of thematic sessions,
which is meant to enhance further the interdisciplinary spirit of SE17.

The themes chosen were as follows:

1. Identity and Existence
2. Death, Mourning and Melancholy
3. Boundaries, Endings and Beginnings
4. Women, Spectacle and Theater
5. Voyages and explorations
6. Addiction and *Manie*
7. Order and Chaos

You are now invited to send proposals for 20-minute presentations
pertaining to any of the above themes. We particularly encourage
submissions from diverse fields of scholarship: history, philosophy,
visual arts, performance studies and drama, linguistics, science, etc.

Please let us know if you are interested in chairing a session or nominate
someone to chair a session.

The languages of the conference will be French and English

Please send all submissions to:

Guy Spielmann
Dept. of French
Georgetown University
Washington, DC 20057
(USA)
Tel: (202) 687-5852
Fax: (202) 687-5712
SPIELMAG@GUSUN.GEORGETOWN.EDU

* * * Deadline for submissions: May 31, 1996 * * *