référence : http://listes.cru.fr/arc/mascarene/1996-04/msg00070.html

Re: Theatre Libre Richard Plant

A reply in English to Peter Currie, New Zealand:

My research leads me to believe that the term "little theatre" is even
more complex that Andre G Bourassa indicates. It often can overlap in
English with ideas of the "free theatre," as it might in Strindberg's
"Intimate Theatre" and can combine the community and social aspects of
amateur groups with pretensions of "arts" theatre.

Some more recent incarnations of some of the ideas in "free theatre" can be seen in "Toronto Free Theatre" and Theatre Passe
Muraille", also in Toronto (see Denis Johnston, "Up The Mainstream" U of
Toronto Press. I could find others, but I shall not take up space and
time in English on QUEATRE.

Richard Plant