---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Gretchen Elizabeth Smith <gesmith@POST.CIS.SMU.EDU>

Edward:

Are you including information on the original production of 1674 at court
(the venue it was written for) or solely modern productions?  Modern
productions tend to have a different agenda than Moliere's original
intent, thus placing the play in a different context of performance.  The
original scores might also give you ideas about the connections between
the comedie-ballet and the developing French opera, which might lead to
some interesting conclusions about the challenges modern performances
present to directors, actors, and audiences.

Gretchen Smith
Southern Methodist University