---------- Forwarded message ----------

From: Jesus Cora <fmjca@filmo.alcala.es>
________________________

(I hope you will excuse my replying in English)

The question is very interesting, however, I think the answer is simple.
Adolescents (teenagers) are fascinated with drama because they are "still
discovering" the world. Curiosity is still important in them. They have
lots of things to learn. However, adults are characterised by experience,
they know the ways of the world, they are not so curious about them as
they have experienced them and, therefore are *able to reproduce them and
understand them*. Teenagers are not fully equipped to understand some
experiences, much less to try to reproduce them on stage, pretend having
experienced them.
Besides, being an actor, I suppose, requires (although that is not usually
the case) emotional stability, something which adolescents usually lack
(on account of their hormonal stress).
Of course there are exceptions, very mature adolescents and also childish
adults, but the "rule" should be what I explain above.

Do you agree? Do you disagree?

JESUS CORA
UNIVERSIDAD DE ALCALA
FACULTAD DE FILOSOFIA Y LETRAS