référence : http://listes.cru.fr/arc/mascarene/1996-11/msg00028.html

F.O.O.T. 1997 Call for Papers (fwd) Anthony Makoto Watanabe

Bonjour,

Un colloque qui peut interesser certains membres de cette
liste. Les organisateurs invitent des propositions en
francais.

*** CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS ***

------------------
F.O.O.T. 1997 -- FESTIVAL OF ORIGINAL THEATRE AND FILM
for Study of
Drama, University of Toronto, which unites academia and the
arts in a
spirit of cross-disciplinary exploration.  F.O.O.T. combines
conference
papers, panel discussions, workshops, play readings, story
telling, and
original stage performances and films.

This year, F.O.O.T. will explore theatre, film, and
performance
historiography and pedagogy: what we as scholars study and
how this
information is disseminated in the classroom, particularly
as it applies
to the discipline of performance history/historiography.  We
invite
proposals for academic papers and original performances
which complement
the exploration of our theme.

Productions should be no more than 1 hour in duration and
will be provided
with dramaturgical assistance.  Priority will be given to
original works.
Papers should explore the methodology, theory, and
terminology used in the
study of the performing arts a nd must be no more than 20
minutes in
duration.  Proposed topics may include but are not limited
to:

   * Historicising Theory and Theorising Historiography
   * Biography and Autobiography in the Performing Arts
   * Period Performance Reconstruction
   * The Use and Abuse of Performance History
   * Theatre and Living Museums
   * The State of Performance Studies in Canada
   * Historical Evidence: definition, documentation, access,
and
          interpretation
   * Performance Archives, Museums, and Collection
   * Constructing Curricula and Canons
   * Theatre and Film as Teaching Tools
   * Vocabularies, Languages, and Rhetorical Strategies

Proposals should include your name, address, title of
submission, and a
500 word abstract or performance synopsis.

DEADLINES FOR PROPOSALS:   Original works      18 November
1996
     			   Papers	 	9 December
1996

We will be celebrating F.O.O.T.'s fifth anniversary.  We
hope you will
join us!

     --- Artistic Directors: Kathy Chung, Jessica Gardiner,
Kirsty Johnston

** Please direct your submissions or inquiries to:

Artistic Directors, F.O.O.T. 1997
Graduate Centre for Study of Drama
University of Toronto
214 College St, 3rd Fl.			  Tel: (416)
978-7986
Toronto, Ontario			  Fax: (416)
971-1378
Canada    M5T 2Z9		     	Email:
graduate.drama@utoronto.ca

Anthony Makoto Watanabe	      Oui, croyez-moi, pour vivre
3me cycle 	      	      dans la verite,
Etudes francaises      	      jouez la comedie!
Universite de Toronto			  Albert Camus

University French  http://www.epas.utoronto.ca:8080/french

a.watanabe@utoronto.ca