référence : http://listes.cru.fr/arc/mascarene/1997-01/msg00084.html

Re: Scenarisation de "Manon Lescaut" Ronald W. Tobin

>Don't know anything about Manon Lescaut but would be equally interested in
>learning of such treatments.
>
>Meanwhile, also searching for French documentary movie, in two parts, about
>the rise and reign of Louis Quartorze--made by well-known director.  Anybody
>know more details?  Suggestions?
>
>Gavin Witt
>Dramaturg
>Court Theatre
>Chicago
>ghwitt@midway.uchicago.edu
You may be thinking of "The Rise of Louis XIV" directed by Rossellini in
the 50's, as I recall.  But it is not in two parts and lasts about an hour
and a half.  Best wishes.

Ronald W. Tobin
Editor, French Review, and Professor of French
University of California, Santa Barbara 93106, USA
rwtobin@humanitas.ucsb.edu
805-893-3461
French Review website:
http://humanitas.ucsb.edu/depts/french/French_Review/Titlepage.html