référence : http://listes.cru.fr/arc/mascarene/1997-02/msg00040.html

Re: Theatre Event Listings GALLOUET

My apology for using the path provided by a query, but I have tried thre
times to send a request with its own title at the  IN%queatre@uquam.ca",
and it refuses to go through.  Hopefully, this will work.  Here is my
query:
On NPR Morning Edition, I heard a report about a Marivaux play _Triumph of
Love_ (I assume it is _Le triomphe de l'amour_) being first produced last
spring in Baltimore as a play with (I believe) a new translation, now being
produced as a musical (!!!) at the Yale Rep. Apparently, the succes of this
evoluetioon is such that the musical is on its way to Broadway.
Does anyone know any thing about the Baltimore production, or at least,
wher  and how I might be able to get info (press, whatever); ditto for the
Yale production. I am going to try to see it: it sounded as if it was still
on.
I would greatly appreciate your help. I have been doing some thinking on
the US mania to adapt French scenarii (the latest catastrophy being
_Diabolique_; and by the way,did you hear they are filming an American version of
_Diva_!?)
Working on Marivaux, I was particularly  intrigued by the comment of one
of the persons interviewed, who stated that the main female character was
too strong for American audiences, and need to be toned down!!
Any way, any lead (no pun) will be greatly appreciated.

Catherine Gallouet
Gallouet@hws.edu