---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 2 Nov 1997 18:19:21 -1000
From: "Don B. Wilmeth" <Don_Wilmeth@BROWN.EDU>

                   FIRT/IFTR  XIIIth WORLD CONGRESS
                   CANTERBURY, UK,  6-12 July 1998

            THEATRE & THEATRE RESEARCH: EXPLORING THE LIMITS

The Call for Papers for the IFTR World Congress to be held at the University
of  Kent at Canterbury is now on the IFTR Website:

http://www.arts.gla.ac.uk/tfts/IFTR/home.html

NB: You must use upper case for IFTR.

Papers about the Conference were mailed to all IFTR Members in August, but
it may be that you have not yet seen a copy. The deadline for the
submission of proposals for papers is 1 December  1997.

At the same time I wish to draw attention to the New Scholar's Prize
[details on the same website]. The winner will be a guest of the Federation
at the Congress and the competition is open to non-members of the Federation
who meet the criteria (a scholar who is under 35 years of age or who will
not have completed her/his Ph.D. prior to May 1998).

I shall be very happy to answer enquiries addressed to <M.J.Anderson@ukc.ac.uk>;
I'm hoping to attend the ASTR meeting in San Antonio and any colleague who is
attending could also talk to me there.

MICHAEL ANDERSON
ELIOT COLLEGE
THE UNIVERSITY