référence : http://listes.cru.fr/arc/mascarene/1998-08/msg00043.html

Re: Harold Pinter: référence d'une citation connue David Blostein

I'm afraid I can't at the moment put my hand on the original source of "la
belette sous la cave a liqueurs" but you might be interested in Pinter's
own later comment, which he made at the University of Hamburg, 4 June, 1970,
in acceptance of a Shakespeare Prize:  "Once, many years ago, I found myself
engaged uneasily in a public discussion on the theatre. Someone asked me
what my work was 'about'. I replied with no thought at all and merely to
frustrate this line of enquiry, 'The weasel under the cocktail cabinet.'
That was a great mistake. Over the years, I have seen that remark quoted
in a number of learned columns. It has now seemingly acquired a profound
significance, and is seen to be a highly relevant and meaningful
observation about my own work. But for me the remark meant precisely
nothing ...
	"What am I writing about? Not the weasel under the cocktail
cabinet. I am not concerned with making general statements. I am not
interested in theatre used simply as a means of self-expression on the
part of the people engaged in it. ...
	"I can sum up none of my plays. I can describe none of them,
except to say: That is what they said. That is what they did."
	David Blostein