référence : http://listes.cru.fr/arc/mascarene/1999-12/msg00025.html

Colloque sur la ville Philippe Chavasse

Appel de communications
en espagnol, français, italien ou portugais

Sixième colloque annuel des étudiants de cycles supérieurs en études romanes
sur le thème de la cille.

UNIVERSITY OF PENNSYLVANIA
Department of Romance Languages

Sixth Annual Graduate Romanic Association Colloquium

THE CITY
Conflict, Hybridization, Innovation

April 8, 2000

We are accepting abstracts for presentations *by graduate students* in
Hispanic, Portuguese, Italian and French and Francophone Literatures and
Romance Philology.  Works in history, historical linguistics and all
relevant area studies are welcome.  This year we encourage papers dealing
with the conference theme from a broad range of perspectives.  Possible
panel topics might include but are not limited to:
-Frontiers, limits and transgressions.
- Shifts, changes and transformations.
  -The nature of the city: reason and depravity.
- Utopian ideologies.
- Exile, politics and social constructions.

  Papers can be in English, French, Italian, Portuguese or Spanish and should
  be able to be read in 20 minutes (approximately eight to ten double-spaced
  pages).  Accepted papers may be eligible for publication in our Working
  Papers Series (see below).

  Submit an *anonymous* abstract with a separate self-addressed, stamped
  envelope and a cover sheet with the following information:
  -The title of the paper
  -The presenter's name
  -Address
  -Telephone number
  -E-mail address
  -Academic Affiliation

  The deadline for submission of abstracts is February 11, 2000.  Send the
  submission to:

  GRADUATE STUDENT COLLOQUIUM READING COMMITTEE
  DEPARTMENT OF ROMANCE LANGUAGES
  521 WILLIAMS HALL
  UNIVERSITY OF PENNSYLVANIA
  PHILADELPHIA, PA 19104-6305

  For more information, call (215) 898-7429 and leave a message for Jennifer
  Furlong
  OR e-mail furlongj@sas.upenn.edu.

  If you would like to submit a paper to our Working Papers Series, submit
  one anonymous copy of the paper (MLA format, 15 page maximum) with a
  separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope and a cover sheet stating the
  title of the paper, name, address, email, telephone number and academic
  affiliation by March 1, 2000 to:
          Graduate Student Working Papers
          University of Pennsylvania
          Department of Romance Languages
         521 Williams Hall
          Philadelphia, PA 19104
          215) 898-7429
  or for further information, contact:
          Ari Blatt, ablatt@mail.sas.upenn.edu
          Kyra Kietrys, kyra@mail.sas.upenn.edu

  PLEASE FEEL FREE TO REPOST THIS CALL FOR PAPERS TO OTHER LISTS THAT YOU
  KNOW OF WHOSE MEMBERS MIGHT BE INTERESTED.  THANK YOU.